Please consider funding our Indiegogo campaign. We are grateful for any contributions that may advance our cause. Thank you!
In the current project, we intend to create a student-run rapid prototyping hub in Northwest Philadelphia to enrich the growth and stability of the community, and to foster a globally-competitive spirit using STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) subject areas.
What We Need & What You Get
- 3D printers
- PLA printing filament
- Bitalinos (Biometric Tools)
- Conductive Thread
- Sensors of all types
- Soldering guns
- Hot glue guns
- Macrotools (hammers, drills, screwdrivers, plyers)
- Hard drives for project archival
- A Super Flashy and Informative Web Presence
- As a financial contributor of the project, you will receive custom products created by the students in the WARP Lab, which include key chains, phone cases, participate in lab tours and tutorials, and receive individualized feedback from our WARP Lab forum for your own “DO try this at home” projects.
- If we do not reach our entire goal, the funds would be primarily used to purchase a 3D printer. This would allow the students to design and sell consumables to support their continuing fundraising efforts.
At its most basic level, the strength of a community is derived from cumulative impact of each member and, even more importantly, the skills they possess and share with others. Of paramount importance is the development of skills that provide today’s students with a strategic advantage to compete and thrive in an increasingly global economy. The community-based learning center that will arise from the WARP Lab will be a crucial component of that skill-building process.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you would like to participate as a non-financially-vested member of the WARP Lab initiative, please share ‘used but still valuable’ raw materials such as metal, wood, paper, electronics, etc. We value your contributions, in whatever form they may take.